Thursday, August 1, 2019

Putting It Into Practice

What a wonderful summer I have had!  I won't call it done yet because even though I am back to work, the kids are still out. So, for another week I will keep the summer in my heart and carry on with a more relaxed pace. However, something has become increasingly clear to me in the last week and a half: Now is the time to see what I am really made of. I have to take all the knowledge I have gained about myself, my dreams and goals and loving others and put it into practice. YIKES!!!!

It is so easy to make plans for how I will react to certain situations as I sit in my beloved worn in recliner with my coffee next to me. It is totally different when I am at work with people who don't know or care that I have been reading all of these great books trying to better myself. When I feel annoyed, or unappreciated, or forgotten...that is when the true test comes. Can I really live this life I want for myself?

I bought a coffee mug (coffee if my favorite!) a couple years ago that has a simple statement on it: Live the Story You Want To Tell. That statement has stayed with me. I use this favorite cup weekly and I even made the statement my tag line at the bottom of my work email. You know that little saying you see after people's name, that thing. I don't know if anyone else has paid attention to it, but I like knowing that I am sharing this great truth with the world. We can't just say we are going to be good people, we have to live it! Isn't that what Jesus has called us to do?

So as I go to work and the grocery store today I will live the story I want to tell. A story of a helper who happily rejoices in living a Holy, healthy, healing, hopeful, happy, hospitable,  hard-working, honest, honourable, hygge(y) way of life. I won't kid myself. It will be tough some days, but I will keep faith in the God who created me to be me and I will Live the Story I Want to Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment