Thursday, August 1, 2019

July/August Books

Ending the summer with a couple of Beach Reads (actually get to read them on the beach this year!). "The Summer of Chasing Dreams" is one I found on a Google list that just sounded good to me. "Party Girl" is by Rachel Hollis, the author of last month's book that I loved. After reading of the how this novel came about, I just had to read it. I love my non-fiction books that help me be a better me, but I also believe in the power of losing yourself in a fun, easy read.  It feels great to escape for a time into another world.

My non-fiction picks are "Love Does" by Bob Goff and a devotional book called "100 Days of Brave".  Goff's book is one I have had recommended on several years ago and just haven't gotten around to reading. To be honest, it was just a time in life when I was not prioritizing working on myself. I was deep in raising kids, earning a Master's and being a good wife. I believed I had little time for "reading for pleasure." I came across this title again recently and mentioned it to my daughter, she was adamant that I had to read it. She said everyone on her college campus was obsessed with Bob Goff. Not that I am trying to keep up with the college kids, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about! I chose the devotional book because I like to be armed with a good one when school starts back. This one follows along some of the things I learned in "Girl, Wash Your Face" and it has journal prompts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment